The thing is about traveling, it’s addictive.


Had you ever asked your self where do you actually belong? 
When things around you seems so familiar but yet it feels strange to you? 

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” - Saint Augustine 

A quote that I’ve held tight since the first time I read it. And I hope you do too. 
The thing is about traveling, it’s addictive. Here I am writing in my room wishing to fly again, when I am suppose to study for my finals next Monday. 

But, how are you suppose to hold back the feeling to wander, to explore, to create adventures? 
I don’t think it’s a strange feeling for us, travelers. 

The thing is about traveling, it’s addictive. Don’t you agree? 

What do you love the most about traveling? One of the things I love about traveling is somehow the airports. Airports are just like huge gates where your normal life enters a new dimension in just minutes (or maybe hours for those who had troubles with immigration stuffs (totally feel you)). But, do you get what I’m trying to say? How magically airport is? 

The first time I visited Singapore, it was the first time I realized how uncomfortable I was living in my own country. I do love my dear ol’ Indonesia, but man, the orderliness of Singapore just took my heart away. 

It was the first time that I wandered around a city alone, took the train(mrt) alone, read a book in a park alone, and I strolled around a museum alone. I was alone and it felt great. At first I felt really weird and uneasy, because most of the time I always have company. It made me realize how deeply attached I am with people and would like to say Thank you for those who have or had to company me through out my life, I haven’t said thank you enough for your presence. 


Traveling makes you learn about all kind of things, especially about yourself. We think we do know who we are, but try it out yourself. Wander more, and also wonder more. And it is magical. So, don’t hesitate to travel, it’s one hell of a great book. 

Comments

Unknown said…
The things about airport... totally agree 🤘🏻
Unknown said…
Yass not the ordinary charlotte watts!! Proud of you girl ❤
Anonymous said…
I like your blog! Good job!

Popular Posts